Saturday 22 March 2014

Bread salad



It's lunchtime on a busy Sunday and I realise I haven't planned anything for lunch... I know I have some probably now stale bread stick in my tiny pantry and 3 ripe tomatoes glistening in the fruit bowl. So I quickly throw together a bread salad. Anything that uses bread and vinegar is usually a hit in this house, and this was no exception! 


Ingredients:

1/4 loaf of stale hard bread - French stick, ciabatta, sourdough ect 
3 ripe tomatoes
1 cucumber
1 garlic clove (I use 2 but we love garlic) 
1/4 red onion
8 slices hot salami
A dozen or so green olives 
2 tbsps capers
3 tbsps olive oil
1 tbspn red wine vinegar

Method:

Roughly chop bread, tomato and cucumber and add to salad bowl.
Crush garlic, fine line slice red onion and roughly chop salami and add to salad bowl. 
Add olives and capers to salad bowl.
Pour over olive oil and red wine vinegar & add salt and pepper to taste. 
Toss and serve immediately.

I add my olive oil and vinegar & taste if it needs more. I didn't have basil or Italuan parsley but both would be beautiful.

Enjoy!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews