Monday 6 January 2014

Mango macadamia smoothie

So, as you might have guessed by the recent chutney & ice cream recipes, we have had a major oversupply of mangos here at the moment! Mangos are definitely one of the upsides to a Queensland summer!! Unfortunately one of the downsides at this time of year is having a mango tree in the front yard!!! Our mango tree is at that annoying stage - the bats and possums have their seasonal passes in full swing, and every morning there are what feels like 10,000 half eaten mangos scattered about the front lawn, garden and driveway - the remnants of a midnight feast. Then there is the added bonus of 'what goes in must come out!' with bat droppings all over my car, front steps and garden path. So charming - wash the car one day and the next morning it looks like it's never been washed in its life - bits of mango and bat droppings splattered all over it. 'Only another few weeks' is what I must keep chanting to myself at this time of year...as I step in another half eaten mango on the way out the front gate. It's such a lovely old shade tree and goodness knows how ancient.... Soon enough the pain will be over & the bats and possums gone for another season.

One of my friends asked me for 'frozen mango options!!' when I was in the middle of my mango recipe frenzy recently. Apart from the obvious mango daiquiri (sure helps cope with the wildlife mess out the front!) we have been loving these mango & macadamia smoothies!  Mr almost 3 & I have been having them for brekky all week, as I too have a freezer full of frozen mango. This recipe inspiration came from my gorgeous friend & fellow Thermomixer Amy Welsh. We were doing some Christmas cooking together last month & she whizzed us up a quick mango macadamia smoothie - it was so delicious and filling - I came home experimented with her ingredients.

Mango macadamia smoothie





Ingredients:

300gms diced frozen mango
30-40gms whole raw macadamia nuts
500gms coconut water

Method:

Simply add all ingredients to your Thermomix bowl and blend 1 min speed 9. 

This makes 2 large or 4 small smoothies. 

If these are a little thick for you, add some filtered water and blend on speed 4 for 10 seconds. 

Enjoy!! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a thermomix Ms Vi... What else can I use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use a blender Tams, just make sure your Mango pieces are diced small enough for your blender to handle or you might get some lumps. :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews